Our client, based in Redhill, are a supplier of food to the leisure sector. They are looking for a Supply Chain Planner to join their team, on a full-time basis.
The Supply Chain Planner is accountable for ensuring that our client’ products are produced by our global manufacturing partners in line with agreed timelines, budgets, and quality specifications. The individual plays a key role in the operational effectiveness of the end-to-end supply chain and the company’s production and distribution processes.
The Supply Chain Planner works closely with the company’s manufacturing partners / storage providers, printers and clients and the Business Development Team, providing a critical service to both internal teams and external clients.
- Work with the Business Development Managers and Key Account Managers to understand client requirements and timescales attending regular stock and forecast meetings.
- Produce accurate production plans for agreed manufacturers, both weekly and long range, to meet delivery dates, with stock holding of 8 to 12 weeks supply (maximum) at any one time.
- Update and audit Navision the company’s accounting software to: input initial product production, post completed production from the manufacturers and the assembly orders creation.
- Manage the transfer of products from our manufacturers to our cold stores (and sample transfer to Orchard Barn) ensuring the Navision system is updated and stock volumes and BB dates are accurate.
- Support the Head of Supply Chain in updating the company system with accurate forecasts in line with the completed ARP cycle plan, utilising information from our customers, external sources or historical data.
- Order packaging from printers to cover all production requirements across our manufacturers, ensuring no downtime or loss of production time incurred that affects service levels to our customers.
- Manage the delivery of product packaging to suppliers in line with production schedules, in order to fulfil production plans.
- Undertake weekly stock checks of printed packaging at manufacturers / printers, investigate and resolve any discrepancies, in order to ensure an accurate amount of stock is held to fulfil customer orders, and update the Navision system accordingly.
- Ensure all packaging stocks are used and do not become obsolete, developing action plans with the Business Development Managers/Key Account Managers.
- Manage and maintain the pallet configurator programme (Cape pack) and master file for use by the wider business.
- Update and maintain the relevant supply chain databases to ensure up to date and accurate flow of information is available to any internal stakeholder as required.
- Maintain an operational working knowledge of the key systems and processes within the supply chain team, to effectively support increase in workload and/or manage and maintain holiday cover.
- Work within project teams, as directed by your line manager and the Programme Office, offering support and expertise as required.
Qualifications & Experience
- Proven production planning experience, preferably within food / drink, FMCG or similar.
- Demonstrable experience working in a stock production, logistics or supply chain.
- Strong IT skills (Excel, Word, and Microsoft Outlook). Familiarity with MS Navision an advantage.
- The role will suit an individual who is highly organised, self-motivated, analytical, logical, possesses an eye for detail and can manage and meet deadlines.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, agile environment.
Job Title: Supply Chain Planner
Salary: £35,000, + 15% bonus
For more information, please contact Jamie Woodward at Clearline Recruitment.