Our client, based in Brighton, are looking for a Senior Accounts Assistant to join their growing team on a 6-month basis.
The role entails the preparation of the month end management accounts and board reporting pack, including full Profit & Loss statement, Balance Sheet, and cash flow report. You will manage both the purchase ledger and sales ledger processes and staff for all areas of the business and will be responsible for the payroll function and the outsourced payroll bureau. You will be reporting directly into the head of finance and will be required to assist in any analysis and reporting requirements needed. You will also be required to be involved in problem solving and analysis in all other departments within the business and will work closely with the heads of department in this regard. You may also be required to occasionally work over the weekend should the business need arise.
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts and board reporting pack.
- Preparation and posting of the monthly nominal ledger journals including prepayments, accruals, and depreciation charges.
- Posting of correction and adjustment journals as needed.
- Maintaining the fixed asset register and related movements.
- Maintaining the integrity of the accounting system and related supporting documents.
- Preparing the monthly payroll spreadsheet to be sent to the payroll bureau.
- Questioning and resolving any discrepancies in the information given (liaising with the HR advisor and heads of department).
- Resolving any issues raised by the payroll bureau (Liaising directly with the payroll bureau).
- Preparing the payroll payments on Bankline.
- Posting the payroll journals and reconciling the payroll accounts.
Sales Ledger and Credit Control:
- Managing the sales ledger process and staff to ensure daily sales journals are posted.
- Managing the cash office function to ensure cash is correctly counted, banked and cash floats are prepared and issued correctly, and sufficient cash is ordered to ensure the smooth functioning of the business.
- Manage the reconciliation process for bank accounts and other sales ledger accounts.
- Ensure all event payments are received in advance and all trade sales payments are received timeously, and to chase up those that are not.
- Managing the purchasing process and staff to ensure the purchase processes are adhered to.
- Manage the payment schedules in line with budgets and business needs.
- Ensure payments are correctly entered on Bankline and posted correctly.
- Manage the reconciliation process for bank accounts and other purchase ledger accounts.
Qualifications & Experience
- Education level: The role will suit AAT qualified or finalist, or CIMA/ACCA part qualified. Must have a qualification or be working towards completion of one.
- Experience: Experience of accounting in the tourism and leisure industries preferable, particularly in the attractions, retail & restaurant sectors.
- Specific skills: Numeracy skills required. Must have the ability to work to tight deadlines and work well under pressure. Problem solving skills and a hands-on approach preferable.
- Personal characteristics: The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines will be an advantage. A pleasant demeanour and positive mental attitude desirable.
Job Title: Senior Accounts Assistant
Salary: £35,000 – £38,000 per annum, depending on experience
6-month Fixed Term Contract
For more information, please contact Chloe McCausland at Clearline Recruitment.