Our client, based in Burgess Hill, are a leading pharmaceutical company globally, who are looking for a Procurement Manager to join their UK and Ireland Managed Services team. The successful candidate will lead the sourcing of high-quality services and products in collaboration with business stakeholders, maximising value and ensuring adherence to compliance requirements.
This is a 4-month contract, outside IR35, and is offered on a hybrid basis.
- Supports leadership in the development of the MLS procurement business offer and wider Procurement function.
- Driving and leading delivery of high value/business critical “source to contract” processes for specific categories. Collaborating with the business to co-design and develop innovative and best value opportunities
- Support or leads the review of internal and external processes to drive further optimisation and development of procurement excellence.
- Identifies through analysis and assessment, sustainability and social value opportunities within the supply chain and proactively collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to implement.
- Ensure robust contracts are completed that include SLAs and KPI’s to support effective supplier performance monitoring.
- Supports development and execution of category strategies for Managed Laboratory Services (‘MLS’) Identifying potential opportunities utilising a business partnering approach. Will also support and execute elements of the indirect category areas to maximise Procurement delivery excellence.
- Proactively identify third party risks and appropriate mitigation strategies through robust supplier on-boarding, evaluation and management.
- Develops and delivers effective and robust commercial strategies in collaboration with stakeholders. Able to advise stakeholders on alternative solutions utilising experience to ensure operational effectiveness.
Qualifications & Experience
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Commercial and business acumen
- Full understanding and experience of category management principles and extensive experience of sourcing processes (RFI’s, RFP’s) identifying cost drivers and all factors needed to ensure a robust commercial assessment
- Ability to effectively develop robust supplier relationships through SRM and effective performance monitoring
- Understanding of financial evaluation and astute at identifying potential commercial risks
- Knowledge of source to pay tools (SAP SRM is an advantage)
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Comfortable interacting with stakeholders at all levels
- Demonstrable procurement experience within indirect and direct categories
- Working cross functionally with demonstrable success
- Delivering sustainable procurement and social value
- University degree is preferred but not mandatory (preferably in Procurement and Supply Chain Management)
- MCIPS is a plus
Job Title: Procurement Manager
Location: Burgess Hill, Hybrid 2/3 days per week in office
Salary: £450-£550 LTD/UMB or £339.27-£414.67 PAYE Basic
Full Time, 4-month Contract, Outside IR35
For more information, and a full job description, please contact Chloe McCausland at Clearline Recruitment.