Are you a qualified Accountant with management experience looking for a full time role?
Our client is seeking an experienced Head of Finance to join the senior management team, ideally with experience in a customer facing environment such as retail / hospitality / visitor attraction.
This role offers an excellent salary and benefits, and the opportunity to join a forward-thinking, motivated and hardworking company.
- To undertake the annual budget and forecasts working closely with the Managing Director, the Board of Directors, and departmental heads
- To report to the Managing Director and the Board of Directors
- To prepare financial statements, including commentary and analysis, including analysis of variance from the budget
- To provide in-depth analysis of our revenue and yield performance using data from the ticketing/retail system contributing to business planning/ forecasts and decisions
- To provide an in-depth analysis of our costs identifying areas for cost reductions and ensuring spending is kept in line with budgets
- To update and maintain short and long term cash flow forecasting
- To manage our external accountants on the preparation of statutory financial information, payroll, and VAT returns
- To ensure the company fulfils its obligations under its Financing Agreements
- To lead and manage the finance team, overseeing everyday processes such as supplier invoices and the sales invoices being accurately entered into the accounting software
- This list is not exhaustive and a flexible and willing attitude is vital
Qualifications & Experience
- You will have a minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role and will be a qualified accountant (CIMA/ ACA or ACCA)
- You will have advanced Excel skills and will be generally proficient in Microsoft Office
- You will be a proficient Xero user
- You will be credible and professional with strong analytical and interpersonal and management skills
- You will be calm under pressure and comfortable with the responsibility the role entails
- You will be flexible and willing to work some longer hours at month end, during the annual audit, preparation of the annual returns and annual budget
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee discount
- Work from home
Job Title: Head of Finance
Location: Brighton (opportunity for hybrid – some travel to meeting sin Brighton, London and South East)
Salary: £40,000 – £50,000 per annum
For more information, please contact Jamie Woodward at Clearline Recruitment.